Our extremely popular coaching programme can trace its roots back to the founding of our club in 1897. For over a decade, it has been led by our professional head coach Paul Kozak.
Junior and mini tennis coaching programmes both run throughout the year, subject to weather conditions, including during the summer holidays. They are tailored for a wide range of ages and abilities.
Junior members (age 8-18 years) join a very active coaching programme. The junior programme is developed around a series of weekly themes which target the key aspects of the game, specifically adapted for a wide range of ages and abilities, from red to yellow ball. Junior members can join two out of the three weekly sessions that are on offer. This is at no additional charge to the annual membership fee.
- Summer – Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 4.30pm–6.00pm.
- Winter – Monday, Wednesday and Friday – either 4.00pm–5.00pm or 5.00pm–6.00pm, depending on ability.
Mini Tennis Programme
Mini tennis members (age 4-8 years) can access weekly coaching sessions that run on Mondays and Fridays throughout the year. Our mini sessions are designed to instil healthy habits in a fun and disciplined environment, for a sport that can be enjoyed for a lifetime. The goal is to introduce physical activity in a healthy atmosphere with comradery and friendship. Mini tennis is aimed at children starting out on red ball.
Our minis will learn the basics of tennis, ball skills, discipline, hand-eye co-ordination, focus and sportsmanship, all while building their self-confidence.
- Summer – Monday and Friday, 3.45pm–4.30pm.
- Winter – Monday and Friday, 4.00pm–5.00pm.
We have an enthusiastic team of young coaches who are always looking to develop their skills. This can be seen on court as well as off the court. Many of them are qualified and we have LTA level 1, 2 and 3 coaches helping to run the programme throughout the year.
The club runs a Junior Pathway for junior players and young coaches, to encourage and enable them to join in with the organised senior club sessions.
Junior players will have opportunities to play competitive tennis against other clubs.
Fun Junior Events
Join our popular junior tennis events, including a summer tournament and BBQ.
Benefits of Membership
- Includes access to weekly coaching – our coaching programmes run throughout the year, subject to weather conditions, including during the summer holidays.
- Unlimited court access – six high quality, all-weather, artificial grass courts, open all year round.
- Wimbledon ballot – access our annual Wimbledon ticket ballot.
- Flexible play, incredible value – if a child maximises attendance throughout the year, the cost of junior and mini membership are incredibly good value.
Register Your Interest
To request a try-out session or just ask for more information, please fill out our enquiry form. Please note that enquiring is entirely non-committal and no payment will be requested.