2021 Junior Summer Tournament Announcement
Posted on 10th August 2021
We’re very excited to be able to share with you that our junior club tournament draws are here and you can now get playing! Please find them here.
We have been extremely pleased to see the popularity of the event, and so to make sure we can still accommodate everyone we have had to slightly change up our approach to the draws, whilst also making sure it is fair across the ability levels.
What you need to know
- – All results will need to be recorded on the sheets in the clubhouse
- – You can find the contact details of you opponent(s) on the clubhouse noticeboard (look for the sign up sheets)
- – Juniors are responsible for arranging their own matches by the deadlines set for each round. Don’t leave it to the last minute to arrange matches and if you know you are going to be away or tied up at any period during which your match is to be played then make contact with your opponent early to make arrangements
- – We will not call or email you to remind you about deadlines and we reserve the right to scratch one or both parties if matches are not played on time
- – We will reinstate the losing semi finalist(s) if the finalists are not available to play on both finals days as scheduled.
- – Please note that all matches will be played as the best of three sets with the first two sets being settled at 6 games all by a tie break and the third set a Championship tie-break – first to 10 points. Apart from the finals which will be 3 full sets settled at 6 games all by a tie break
- – Substitution in the event of injury/illness can only be considered if no round has been played
How to book matches
- – For club tournament matches, juniors will be able to book a court for a maximum of 2 hours (instead of the usual 1) and up to 14 days in advance
- – When booking the court, just select and enter ‘Club tournament’ as a 3rd player (singles), or the 4th player for a doubles match (instead of 1 of the players)
- – If you want to play 2 matches on the same day, please contact Gillian Blackburn to arrange a booking. If Gillian Blackburn is not available try Iain Brown
- – Derek may be able to incorporate some matches in the margins of the Club Sessions as in previous years. Please do not rely on these times as priority is given to Club tennis. You must let Derek know in advance if you want to play
We are incredibly excited to see everyone so keen to get involved and really looking forward to the matches!